Position: Relief Educator (Float)
Johanna Street Early Learning Centre has been a part of the Jimboomba community for 14 years. We have 28 acres (11.3 hectares) of which 10 acres (4 hectares) is dedicated to our Bush Kindy Classroom.
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic, professional, motivated and experienced fully qualified Educators who are not afraid to get dirty in our Bush Kindy Program. If you are inspired by Reggio Emilia, Steiner or just have a general love for educating children in a natural environment then we could be just what you are looking for.
If you enjoy working with all age groups, acting either as an Assistant or a Lead Educator when necessary and are willing to accept changing hours day-to-day and week-to-week, please apply for this role. We require a dedicated and reliable Educator who will be as flexible as necessary. You may be required to assist in our Bush Kindy Program, replace Educators whilst they are on annual leave, sick leave or as a lunch relief float if necessary.
- Participate in professional and personal development
- Provide children with a safe, secure, welcoming and nurturing environment
- Work collaboratively within a team to ensure the best outcomes for children and families
- Assisting the Lead Educator in delivering a high quality, inclusive EYLF program incorporating Bush Kindy
- Promote the service within the local community in accordance with our Employee Guidelines, Philosophy a Policies
- Experienced Educator
- First Aid, CPR, Asthma and Anaphylaxis
- Hold a minimum of a Cert III in Children’s Services (Diploma not necessary but an advantage)
- Working with Children Check (Blue Card) from the Queensland Public Safety Business Agency
- An ability to interpret curriculum documents
- Strong knowledge of the Early Years Learning Framework
- Knowledge and understanding of the National Quality Framework including National Quality Standards, Education and Care Services National Law Act 2010 and Educational and Care Services National Regulations 2011
- Effective oral and written communication within the workplace
- Possess highly developed problem-solving, decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, with parents, colleagues and management to achieve goals
- Reliable transport (we are located in a semi-rural setting)
- Able and willing to work any shift Monday to Friday from 6:30am – 6:00pm, 5 days if necessary
- A supportive management team
- Uniform blouses and hats supplied
- Rare opportunity to work in a service delivering a high quality Bush Kindy program
- 4 weeks paid holidays per year (includes 2 weeks break over Christmas & New Year)
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please APPLY NOW using the "Contact Us" form on the EMPLOYMENT page.